Dreamforce is just around the corner! To help you prepare for your trip and get the most out of #DF14, here are several tips for a successful Dreamforce:
Before You Leave [CHECKLIST]
- Use the agenda builder on the Dreamforce website to ensure you are registered for every session you want to attend (check out our suggested agenda)
- Download the map of the conference center, both hard and soft copy will be useful
- Pack a sweater, San Francisco weather can change quickly and layering is the best approach
- Bring a bunch of business cards, it sounds old-school but you will use more than you expect
- Make a list of the sponsors and exhibitors you want to check out, include their location and booth number
- Make sure you know how registration works, you don’t want to waste time your first day with check-in challenges
- Set up an Uber account before you leave, this is the easiest way to get around San Francisco
- Don’t forget your device chargers and make sure to set your out of office reply
- Listen to a lot of Bruno Mars so you are ready to rock out at the Dreamforce Gala
While You’re at the Event [CHECKLIST]
- Bring a bottle of water, it is often in short supply
- Wear comfortable shoes, you will be doing a lot of walking
- Try to connect with the person sitting next to you in every session; your peers at the conference may have knowledge and insight you will find useful
- Tweet and blog in between sessions; don’t spend your time Tweeting during a session, you might just miss the good stuff (#Five9, #DF14)
- Separate the conversation from actionable information, put a star next to entries in your notes for items you think you can implement or act on in the next 30 days
- Note on the back of business cards a few key words to remind you what you talked about and why or if you want to follow up with the person
- Take advantage of the training sessions Salesforce offers
- Send your boss an email at the end of every day with a few key things you learned and ideas you want to implement when you get back
- Stop by the Five9 booth!
Many restaurants around Moscone Center are booked for private parties during Dreamforce. It is a good idea to use Open Table to make dining reservations before you arrive. Some of our favorite local restaurants, within walking distance to Moscone, include:
For Lunch or Dinner:
Hop Aboard the Five9 Party Trolley
This year, along with 30 lucky Dreamforce attendees, Five9 is skipping the bus and going in style – and we’re asking you to join us!
Stop by the Five9 booth and enter to secure your space (along with four friends) on the Five9 Party Trolley! We’ll take you directly from the Exhibition Hall to the Gala (aka Bruno Mars concert!)– and you’ll have a blast along the way. It’s a great way to see the city and relax — with an open bar, great music, and a ride on a historic San Francisco icon.
Stop by the Five9 booth anytime and enter to win. We’ll be announcing a winner every hour, on the hour, between 11:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday, October 14th.
For more information about Five9 at Dreamforce, visit our Dreamforce 2014 Microsite: